Tripoli - Janzour - Sabrata - Qasr al-Haj - Nalut - Ghadames - Tormisa - Gharyan - Leptis Magna - Zliten - Tripoli - Benghazi - Tocra - Ptolemais - Cyrene - Apollonia - Ras al-Hilal - Al-Atrun - Slontah - Qasr Libya - Benghazi - Tripoli
A comprehensive tour of the Roman and Greek cities of Libya including two days at the magnificent site of Leptis Magna and a visit to the enchanting oasis of Ghadames. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included throughout. Accommodation in 2, 3, 4 & 5 star hotels.
- Day 1 Meet guide on arrival at Tripoli Airport and transfer to city centre hotel for two nights.
- Day 2 Sightseeing tour of Libya‘s capital city including the National Museum and the mosques and souks of the old town.
- Day 3 Excursion to Janzour catacomb museum and the Roman city of Sabrata with its stunning Colonnaded Theatre.
- Day 4 Drive into the Berber heartland of the Jabal Nafusa to visit the beautiful qasrs of Qasr al-Haj and Nalut. Continue to the World Heritage Site of Ghadames.
- Day 5 Sightseeing in the enchanting oasis of Ghadames. Take lunch in a traditional house. Late afternoon excursion to Ras al-Ghoul, the remains of an ancient Roman fort, and the sand dunes of the Grand Erg Oriental.
- Day 6 Drive to Kabaw to visit another beautiful qasr. Continue to the abandoned clifftop village of Tormisa and on to Gharyan to visit a troglodyte house and the pottery stalls for which the town is famous.
- Day 7 Full day excursion to the magnificent Roman city of Leptis Magna. Also visit Villa Celine, the seafront home of an upper-class Roman family. Continue to Zliten for overnight.
- Day 8 Visit the decorative Abd al-Salaam Mosque in Zliten before returning to Leptis Magna for further exploration. Also visit Villa Celine, the seafront home of an upper-class Roman family. Return to Tripoli.
- Day 9 Morning flight to Benghazi. Visit the old town, Souk al-Jareed, ancient Berenice and the World War II Commonwealth Cemetery.
- Day 10 Visit the Greco-Roman cities of Tocra and Ptolemais, the latter with its Columned Palace and huge vaulted underground cisterns. Continue to the Cyrene area.
- Day 11 Full day of sightseeing in the extensive and remarkable Greek city of Cyrene, including the Temple of Zeus and the Necropolis.
- Day 12 Visit the ancient city-port of Apollonia. Also visit the Byzantine churches at Ras al-Hilal and Al-Atrun. Return to the Cyrene area.
- Day 13 Return to Benghazi via the eerie pre-Islamic grotto of Slontah and Qasr Libya with its splendid collection of Byzantine mosaics. Flight to Tripoli.
- Day 14 At leisure until transfer to airport.