|Tripoli - Sabrata - Sabha - Ghat - Acacus (camel safari) - Sabha - Gharyan - Ghirza - Zliten- Leptis Magna - Tripoli
For those who wish to see and feel the wonder of the Acacus as it was before four wheel drive travel, we offer the chance to explore this most beautiful of desert regions on a camel safari. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included throughout.
- Day 1 Meet guide on arrival at Tripoli airport and transfer to Al-Kabir Hotel overlooking the Mediterranean.
- Day 2 Morning sightseeing in Tripoli, capital city of Libya, including the superb National Museum, Green Square, Arch of Marcus Aurelius and the mosques and souks of the old town where lunch will be taken at an old restaurant. In the afternoon, excursion to the Roman city of Sabrata with its remarkable Colonnaded Theatre.
- Day 3 Day's drive to Sabha with overnight at the Jabal Hotel
- Day 4 Enter the Acacus and meet your camel master. Spend the day forming a mutual admiration society with your chosen camel, learning to ride, mount and dismount. Camping.
- Days 5/6/7/8/9/10 Camel trek exploration of the magnificent Acacus with its spectacular scenery and millennia-old rock art. Wild camping with last night at the New Germa Hotel in Germa.
- Day 11 End of safari. Overnight at Al-Awainat campsite.
- Day 12 Drive to Sabha. Overnight at the Jabal Hotel. Day 13 Full day's drive north to Gharyan. Overnight at the Rabta Hotel.
- Day 14 Excursion to the magnificent Roman city of Leptis Magna. Continue to Tripoli for overnight at Al-Kabir Hotel.
- Day 15 Transfer to Tripoli airport for flight home.