|Tripoli - Qasr al-Haj - Nalut - Ghadames - Sabha - Murzuk Sand Sea - Wadi Matkhandoush - The Acacus - Germa - The Lakes of the Ubari Sand Sea - Gharyan - Leptis Magna - Sabrata - Tripoli
This tour combines the magnificent Roman cities of Leptis Magna and Sabrata with the splendour and excitement of the Libyan Sahara. A must for lovers of both archaeological sites and the beauty of the desert.
- Day 1 Meet guide on arrival at Tripoli Airport and transfer to city centre hotel for two nights.
- Day 2 Morning sightseeing tour of Libya’s capital city. Afternoon excursion to the Roman city of Sabrata. Return to Tripoli.
- Day 3 Leave Tripoli to visit the beautiful qasrs, or fortified grain stores, of Qasr al-Haj and Nalut. Continue to the World Heritage Site of Ghadames.
- Day 4 Sightseeing in the enchanting oasis of Ghadames on the edge of the Sahara desert. Take lunch in a traditional house. Late afternoon excursion to Qasr al-Ghoul, the remains of an ancient Roman fort, and the sand dunes of the Grand Erg Oriental.
- Day 5 Long drive south to Sabha, capital of the Fezzan.
- Days 6/7/8/9/10 Drive to the Murzuk Sand Sea. Visit the ancient temple site of Wadi Matkhandoush, festooned with petroglyphs. Continue to the Acacus with its spectacular scenery and ancient rock art. Wild camping with last night at campsite in Al-Awainat.
- Day 11 Drive to Germa. Visit the site of the ancient Garamantian warrior civilisation. Continue into the Ubari Sand Sea to visit the famous oasis lakes of Gabraoun and Umm al-Maa.
- Day 12 Continue exploration of the Ubari Sand Sea. Drive to Sabha.
- Day 13 Drive to Misrata or Zliten via the oases of Hun and Waddan.
- Day 14 Excursion to the magnificent Roman city of Leptis Magna and the Villa Celine. Return to Tripoli.
- Day 15 At leisure until transfer to airport.